[Project_owners] bug in drupal

Axel axel.grude at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 07:33:26 PST 2009

Hello,

just want to submit a bug report for project.mozdev.org/drupal/user/

user management.

For me it is not possible to change my password when I am logged in as
administrator -following the reset password link from an email, the page
says I should change my password but all I can enter is this:
  Account information (Username, Email,Status, Roles - no password settings)
  Theme configuration
  Comment Settings
  Locale Settings
the page displays my username (axel.grude) on the left hand side and on
the menu and content pane but I think it uses my email address for
credentials which seems to point to a different database entry / account
- therefore no password editing is allowed. I do not want to delete that
other user because I am afraid of locking myself out completely (I used
my email address when creating the mozdev account, God knows what
happens if I delete that).

The other problem is that I can not log in to the administration
accounts without using the reset password link (all my passwords say I
have no rights to edit the user's emails). Once I follow the password
reset process I can edit them and approve new members for my forum.

This definitely is a reproducible bug, and should really be fixed.
Unfortunately I can not help as I don't know php :-(

thanks,
   Axel