[Project_owners] Mozdev Organizational Changes

Doug Warner doug at mozdev.org
Mon Nov 9 19:16:20 PST 2009

On 10/28/2009 01:09 PM, David Boswell wrote:
>> What exactly is the Mozdev boards motivation (reason/s) for
>> abandoning ship?  Is this a money issues?
>
> Most of the mozdev board has been involved with mozdev for many years -- several of us have been involved for all 9 years.  If we are abandoning ship, it is a _very_ slowly sinking ship.
>
> As Brian said earlier, it's simply time for some fresh faces -- people with new ideas and new energy.
>
>> Will Mozilla stop supporting (hello money) the
>> site/organization?
>
> The Mozilla Foundation has been very generous in the past and there's certainly a possibility for future funding -- but not without a clear plan.
>
> As Brian said earlier, we don't feel that hosting is a problem in the community as it once was so the way forward is unclear.  A new community council will hopefully bring some new ideas into the process of figuring out a path forward.
>
>> What are your predictions for the future for Mozdev?
>
> It could be a range of things -- the site and community could grow and thrive or it could slowly wind down as people go to other sites and tools.  Personally I think the site should remain as a historical record even if people weren't actively using it any more.

It would be great if we could work out a meeting time (probably on IRC) where
we can talk about plans for Mozdev's future.  If you've indicated you're
interested in helping out [1], please let me know what times work well for you
either this week or next and I'll try to get a time and agenda set up that
best suits everyone.

-Doug

[1] http://www.mozdev.org/drupal/wiki/New-People

--