[Project_owners] http://sage.mozdev.org is MIA.

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Sat May 2 21:32:54 PDT 2009

On Sat, 02 May 2009 17:22:20 +0200, Brian King wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I thought I'd go to see if there was a new version of Sage out so I went
>> to http://sage.mozdev.org but the whole project seems to have vanished?
>>
>> The AMO entry for Sage still points to sage.mozdev.org as their homepage
>> and support contact address.
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/77
>>
>> Hmm. This looks like a job for ... Sherlock Hound!
>
> The Sage project was disabled because of a trademark dispute that has
> not yet been resolved to the satisfaction of all parties. I'm afraid I
> can't say anything more.
>
> Thanks for the detective work!

Hmm. Well the Sage and Sage-Too forks are still available on AMO so
obviously Mozilla Legal doesn't think the trademark dispute affects
them. Unfortunately the Sage-Too team seems to have disintegrated amidst
extreme acrimony, and all the other forks (Sage++, Sage-mod) seems to
have gone into hibernation as well - perhaps as a result of the said
trademark problems?

Phil