[Project_owners] System Fonts

Joe Brochu jmbrochu at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 19:27:47 PDT 2009

"em's" did the trick for setting the box sizes.

Regarding the scrollbox, there is no property to give you the width of
the box minus the scrollbars.  My interface is a gantt chart view for
sunbird/lightning.  It uses three scrollboxes to provide a "header" at
the top and left of the main scrollbox.  The top header (with dates) is
sync'd to the horizontal scroll position of the main box, and the left
header (with event/task titles) is sync'd to the vertical scroll of the
main box.  The effect is similar to using "freeze panes" in excel.

The "header" scrollboxes need a spacer element at the end of their
content that is the same width as the scrollbar in the main scrollbox in
order to keep all of the content aligned between the two boxes.  So I
have to set the width (or height) of these spacers dynamically based on
the system scrollbar widths.

I think that if xul elements had a "ScreenWidth" and "ScreenHeight"
property giving the width/height currently visible onscreen (similar to
ScreenX and ScreenY), you could calculate this more easily.

Thanks,
Joe B