[Project_owners] Using nsIWebBrowserStream

Pete sneakypete81 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:51:50 PDT 2009

2009/6/8 Pete <sneakypete81 at gmail.com>:
> I'm looking for a way of injecting an untrusted HTML string into a chome
> iframe.
> The best solution I've found is nsiWebBrowserStream. Unfortunately I'm
> having trouble locating an object that implements this interface..
>
> Following the tips from
> http://markmail.org/message/iomvz6utug6brxbo#query:nsiwebbrowserstream+page:1+mid:akezl4i2ymotjmwk+state:results
> (inside a Venkman interactive session)
>
> i=window.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIInterfaceRequestor).getInterface(nsIWebNavigation)
> i.queryInterface(nsIWebBrowserStream)
>
> Gives:
> ReferenceError: nsIWebBrowserStream is not defined

Sorry all, I previously copied the wrong lines from my debug session.
The example above should read:

i=window.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIInterfaceRequestor).getInterface(nsIWebNavigation)
[xpconnect wrapped (nsISupports, nsIWebNavigation, nsIDocShellTreeItem)]

i.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIWebBrowserStream)
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004002
(NS_NOINTERFACE) [nsISupports.QueryInterface]" nsresult: "0x80004002
(NS_NOINTERFACE)"]

> Does anyone have any tips for how to get a handle on this interface?
> Or is there a better way of injecting untrusted HTML into an iframe?

Any ideas?