[Project_owners] update.rdf Questions

Eric H. Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 17:17:54 PST 2009

You shouldn't include update.rdf in the XPI. In install.rdf in the XPI, you should include this element:

<em:updateURL/>

whose content is a URL where the update.rdf can be found.  For example:

<em:updateURL>http://myproject.mozdev.org/update.rdf</em:updateURL>

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Extension_Versioning%2c_Update_and_Compatibility#Update_RDF_Format
is an example of the contents of an update.rdf.

Eric