[Project_owners] Drupal errors

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Mon Feb 16 05:30:35 PST 2009

NGUYEN-Manh Hung wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've seen some errors with Drupal, are they mozdev's bugs?
>
> 1. Get to the main drupal page of vi.mozdev.org. You'll notice that when you click on the "Login/Register" link, nothing happens.
> http://vi.mozdev.org/drupal/

It looks like you disabled the "User login" block that the "User login/logout
link" block controls to show the block.  I've added it back in so the link
should show/hide the block again.

> Or you can go to the "create a new page" page, click on, for instance, "Authoring Information", it will be expanded. But when you click on it again in order to collapse the menu, nothing happens.
> http://vi.mozdev.org/drupal/node/add/page

This seems common to Drupal; once these areas are expanded they don't collapse
so you don't accidentally change something then close it and forget about it.

> 2. Get to this page, you'll see this warning "The following enabled modules are incompatible with aggressive mode caching and might not function properly: liquid":
> http://vi.mozdev.org/drupal/admin/settings/performance

This is because you enabled aggressive caching in the performance tab.  In
newer Drupal setups I haven't been using the Liquid module; the only thing it
seems to provide in our current setup is an automatic "wiki" link, so you
could disable the module and add the link to the menu manually.

> 3. In the modules list page, there is this module "CCK Fields". However, it is unselectable because its required module '"Content" is missing.

This "CCK Fields" module is part of the Subscriptions module.  We don't have
CCK installed so it's not selectable.

-Doug