[Project_owners] multiple repos for a project

Stephen Lau stevel at songbirdnest.com
Wed Oct 29 11:11:32 PDT 2008

On 10/29/08 10:35 AM, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
 > Stephen Lau wrote:
 >> Not quite sure how to summarise it... perhaps "separate, but
related" would be the best way.  I have my project, mashTape, which in
turn can be extended by having multiple providers (which are built as
add-ons themselves).  I'd like to have a providers-repository to place
the code for those add-ons to my add-on.  They aren't big enough to
warrant their own mozdev project for each one, but I don't want to lump
them into the main source repo either.

 > Mozdev doesn't have an authorization system that would be complex
enough to do what you want either, so these contributors would have to
be added onto your project where they could commit to your website or
main code base.
Yeah that's fine - my concern wasn't for access reasons, more just
logical code repo separation.
 > Hopefully in the near future project creation will be much quicker
and people like this that need a project setup will be able to request
it and have it done without the pain involved right now.
I'm looking forward to that near future. :)

thanks,
steve

--
stephen lau | stevel at songbirdnest.com | www.whacked.net