[Project_owners] multiple repos for a project

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Wed Oct 29 10:35:25 PDT 2008

Stephen Lau wrote:
> Not quite sure how to summarise it... perhaps "separate, but related"
> would be the best way.  I have my project, mashTape, which in turn can
> be extended by having multiple providers (which are built as add-ons
> themselves).  I'd like to have a providers-repository to place the code
> for those add-ons to my add-on.  They aren't big enough to warrant their
> own mozdev project for each one, but I don't want to lump them into the
> main source repo either.

Mozdev doesn't have an authorization system that would be complex enough to do
what you want either, so these contributors would have to be added onto your
project where they could commit to your website or main code base.

Hopefully in the near future project creation will be much quicker and people
like this that need a project setup will be able to request it and have it
done without the pain involved right now.

-Doug