[Project_owners] multiple repos for a project

Stephen Lau stevel at songbirdnest.com
Wed Oct 29 10:21:02 PDT 2008

On 10/29/08 10:17 AM, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> Stephen Lau wrote:
>> Is there a way for a project to have multiple Hg repos on mozdev?
>
> Separate repos?  No; the best you could do would be moving your main
> source dir into a separate directory (but hg doesn't do subdir
> checkouts).
>
> This is the second time I've been asked about this (the other was on
> IRC), so could you tell me why this would be useful?  For posting
> branches?  Would mq or named branches be a better way of doing this?
>
> Thanks for your help in figuring out what we should do here.

Hey Doug,
Not quite sure how to summarise it... perhaps "separate, but related"
would be the best way.  I have my project, mashTape, which in turn can
be extended by having multiple providers (which are built as add-ons
themselves).  I'd like to have a providers-repository to place the code
for those add-ons to my add-on.  They aren't big enough to warrant their
own mozdev project for each one, but I don't want to lump them into the
main source repo either.

cheers,
steve

--