[Project_owners] How to set a selected text to a text field of a side bar

Silver Surfer silver.surfer444 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:04:06 PDT 2008

Hi Friends,

I need to know about how to set a selected text to a text box in a sidebar
after selecting a text and click a popupmenu. Code for popupmenu is in
Overlay.xul file and when a menu item is clicked it execute a function in
another .js file. A broadcaster is also set in the Overlay.xul and the
sidebar is set to that broadcaster by loading ( setting broadcasters
url) another xul which has the code for sidebar. I can get the value of
selected text but I don't know a way to set that value to the relevant text
field of the sidebar.

Thanks & Regards,

Manjula