[Project_owners] experience with OO libraries in chrome space?

Marco Pivetta ocramius at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 21:02:25 PDT 2008

I usually talk with the author or with the ones that manage the license of
the OO lib.
I have included HighSlide (under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial
2.5 License <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/>) in my StOgame
packages, and the author told me there's no problem in using it. Now I
wanted to add xmpp4moz.xpi to my package, but I'm getting some conflicts
between GPL3 and MPL1.1... Still trying to solve. I'll let you know :)

2008/10/22 Godmar Back <godmar at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> is anybody using any of the major (or minor) JS libraries that provide
> support for OO-style programming (such as prototype, mootools, etc.)
> in chrome space in a FF add-on? If so, what experiences have you made?
> Were you able to use the library unchanged? I'm particularly concerned
> about the potential for namespace conflicts and about how to maintain
> the OO library going forward if changes needed to be made.
>
> Most major libraries appear to be designed for client-side Javascript
> within a web page; much of the functionality they provide, such as
> browser-sniffing, browser-independent effects and event handling,
> etc., are probably not needed in chrome space. For this reason, is
> there a minimal library anybody could recommend that didn't emphasize
> these aspects?
>
> I'd be grateful for any experience you'd be willing to share.
>
>  - Godmar

Standard Ogame Project - StOgame
http://www.stogame.net
Making Ogame a better place...