[Project_owners] telnet from extension

joe ertaba belaviyo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 14:15:42 PDT 2008

Tnx Didier

But I still cant connect successfully
here is my code:

function getPageContent()
{
  var listener = {
    finished : function(data){
      dump(data);
    }

  readAllFromSocket("*MY Server IP*",*23*,"*Some text*",listener);
}

function readAllFromSocket(host,port,outputData,listener)
{
  try {
    var transportService =
      Components.classes["@mozilla.org/network/socket-transport-service;1"]
        .getService(Components.interfaces.nsISocketTransportService);
    var transport = transportService.createTransport(null,0,host,port,null);

    var outstream = transport.openOutputStream(0,0,0);
    outstream.write(outputData,outputData.length);

    var stream = transport.openInputStream(0,0,0);
    var instream = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/scriptableinputstream;1
"]
      .createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIScriptableInputStream);
    instream.init(stream);

    var dataListener = {
      data : "",
      onStartRequest: function(request, context){},
      onStopRequest: function(request, context, status){
        instream.close();
        outstream.close();
        listener.finished(this.data);
      },
      onDataAvailable: function(request, context, inputStream, offset,
count){
        this.data += instream.read(count);
      },
    };

    var pump = Components.
      classes["@mozilla.org/network/input-stream-pump;1"].
        createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIInputStreamPump);
    pump.init(stream, -1, -1, 0, 0, false);
    pump.asyncRead(dataListener,null);
  } catch (ex){
    return ex;
  }
  return null;
}

getPageContent();

After run this code I don't get any text (I think this code must receive
some welcome msg at least)

can you help?

Tnx