[Project_owners] extension stops working under Firefox 3.0.4 --please help

can can at ecpcorp.net
Sun Nov 16 18:38:55 PST 2008

Several of you replied with advice about "maxVersion" in the .rdf file.  Thank you, I should have mentioned that I checked this before sending my original post.  I have had maxVersion="99" for more than a week now.

As I said, I now have one machine where the extension installs, and one where it does not.  Originally I thought there was a difference in the Firefox version, but I was wrong.  They are both at 3.0.4.

It would be great to know if there is a way to get something more informative than "This extension is not compatible with Firefox 3.0.4."   Otherwise I am just going to wipe everything clean on the non-functioning machine and try again hoping there was some kind of pilot error the first time.

I'd still like to know how I can prevent Firefox automatic updates without permission.

can