[Project_owners] problem with first time extension install(Windows)

can can at ecpcorp.net
Thu Nov 13 19:50:17 PST 2008

Thank you for the blindingly fast reply!

Here are the two registry branches:

------------

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions]
"{e773addc-9ee8-4e6f-bcfe-d23c401a22e2}"="c:\\xpi\\soodo.xpi"

=====

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 3.0.3]
"GeckoVer"="1.9.0.3"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 3.0.3\bin]
"PathToExe"="C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 3.0.3\extensions]
"Components"="C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\components"
"Plugins"="C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\plugins"
"{e773addc-9ee8-4e6f-bcfe-d23c401a22e2}"="c:\\xpi\\soodo.xpi"

The first is the one I added to conform with the instructions I read on the mozilla.org page I cited.  The second is the one I tried after the first one did not work.

Also, in these entries, the id is in GUID format (see https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Install_Manifests#id )   I tried the name at org format first, and resorted to the GUID format only when that did not work.

I get the feeling I must be doing something really stupid, so please let me apologize for that in advance. :)

can