[Project_owners] Anyone interested? Extension Minimizer Tool

Eric H. Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 13:24:43 PDT 2008

----- Original Message ----

I emphatically don't agree. For example, one of my extensions
has 26 localizations. Some of the strings are hundreds of bytes each. I
have many strings in the 300-400 byte range and several in the 500-600 byte
range. Even more in the 200-300 byte range.

Multiply each of those times 26, and even with zip compression
it's quite significant.

The tool, which checks nonconformities in the
> localizations, would be better.

I don'tunderstand this comment. .What is a"nonconformities"?