[Project_owners] Project tagging available

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 02:22:17 PDT 2008

David Boswell wrote:
>> For tags with only one project, it might not be worth displaying them
>> on the front page. But I don't think they should be banned.
> Thanks for your comments about this and I think your suggestion sounds
> reasonable.  As the number of projects using the tagging system
> increases, I assume we'll run into other issues, so I think that we
> should come up with some guidelines for how the tagging system should
> be administered that are agreed on by a majority of the project owners.
>  If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions about this, feel free to
> reply.  Or we could set up a wiki page to start drafting some
> guidelines there.
Is anything happerning on this front?

Some time ago I have tried changing the tags for my project Forward, but
I ended up with all my tags being removed. Now I just have the standard
tags: Extension, Thunderbird. I'd like to be able to add some tags to
describe what my extension does, even if they don't show up in the
cloud. I've tried a couple of times to add tags on the Project Tagging
page, but to no avail.

I can understand there's some kind of approval period or maybe some
words are blacklisted or censored, but at the moment the whole process
seems quite unclear and the project owners don't have any means to see
what's happening with their tags and why.