[Project_owners] CVS Poll

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:27:00 PDT 2008

Hi,

Being new to CVS, I'd like to know how other people use it.

I have a small project, which I develop alone, and at the moment I primarily
use CVS to get the changes to
www and src on the server. So basically all I do is CVS Commit (and
Add/Ignore).

For the project source it is probably better to start a new branch when
starting or releasing a new version?
That would allow you to more easily switch to an old version and see the
diffs?
But then you should always create a new branch
PROJECT_<version#>_<release#>[_<patch#>] ?
Would that make sense, or are there better (easier, more reliable,...) ways
to manage your versions?

Onno