[Project_owners] Project overview page

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Thu Mar 6 10:34:06 PST 2008

Something Mozdev.org has lacked for awhile now has been a project overview
page that shows you a nice overview of a project with links to tools for a
project as well as some basic information and stats.

As part of working on secure installations for projects I needed a page that
showed the available downloads for a project and I thought it would be a good
time to put together a page that had a little more information on it as well.

Mockup [1]

There's a lot going on in this mockup; we have:
* Project name and description
* Project's tags
* Links to available tools
* Project activity
* Project stats (downloads, page views, hits)
* Extensions a project publishes
* Files that have been released by a project
* Secure installation of extensions

With all this information there (and potentially more in the future) we want
to make sure it's not too crowded and that the information is relevant.

Let us know if you have any suggestions on how we can tweak things to make the
information more usable for both people browsing for a project and for
developers.

-Doug

[1] http://www.mozdev.org/drupal/files/www/project-overview-mockup.png