[Project_owners] My first project

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:57:31 PST 2008

Onno Ekker wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Piecu <piecu at go2.pl
> <mailto:piecu at go2.pl>> wrote:
>
>     One small suggestion - can you do an upper case of the first character
>     of each option in a button menu (as you did on a message context
>     menu)?
>     In polish translation of Tb these options are written lower case which
>     doesn't look good. Thank you.
>

> Hmz. I didn't do the upper case for the first character of each word
> on the context menu...
> I just reused the strings from the main menu Message menu. Reusing
> those strings has the advantage of having my extension localized by
> itself.
>
> Initially I used only "Inline" and "Attachment", so the strings from
> the submenu, as strings for the button text, but then the button label
> should be "Forward As".
> Then I noticed that in the Options Window on the preference to change
> the default forwarding style, it says "Inline" and "As Attachment", so
> I use those strings.
>
> It probably won't be too hard to capitalize the first character of
> each option in the button menu.
> Gives me an opportunity to make a 0.2 version and check if I can get
> update.rdf to work too.
>
> Can you point me to the Mozilla Guidelines for Capitalization of
> Button Labels?
>
> Onno

Bummer.
I finished version 0.2 and put it on downloads some time ago now.
After that I uploaded update.rdf and tried to get my extension updated
on my own computer, but it doesn't work.
I figured I forgot to include an updateURL in install.rdf of version
0.1, so I inserted that line in my installed version in my profile:

em:updateURL="http://downloads.mozdev.org/forward/update.rdf"

This should probably do the trick, once the mirrors kick in?
Be advised: if you downloaded forward-0.1.tb.xpi, you won't get updates...

Onno