[Project_owners] Discarding high scoring spam to lists

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:17:26 PST 2008

Myk Melez wrote:
> Douglas E. Warner wrote:
>
>> If you don't want daily notifications about held messages, the best thing you
>> can do is to ensure no messages get held for moderation by Mailman.  You
>> should be able to accomplish this by following the steps on this page:
>>
>> http://www.mozdev.org/drupal/wiki/MozdevListAdminTips
>>

> Ah, I had three of those four options set but not the fourth
> (generic_nonmember_action).  I've set it now.  Hopefully it'll make the
> difference.

I don't think discarding non-member postings is a good idea.

All the extension pages get a list.html template page that gives
everyone easy access to post to their mailing list.
It doesnt't say you need to be a member to maill to the list.
Also all the extensions have a disclaimer by default, telling people to
send a mail to the mailing list for questions and comments.

If you change this option as suggested, you should also update your
website...

Onno