[Project_owners] Discarding high scoring spam to lists

Myk Melez myk at mozilla.org
Tue Mar 4 12:07:36 PST 2008

Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> Mozdev is considering discarding high-scoring spam destined for mail lists by
> default across all lists.  We're looking to drop mail with a spam score >=
> 10.  How to people feel about this and would it help/hurt their mailing
> lists?

Sounds like a good idea.  I generally don't manage my list queue anyway,
preferring to let messages eventually expire out of the queue (at the
acknowledged cost of not approving non-spam that gets in there
accidentally).

Another useful list-related improvement would be to allow list owners to
turn off the daily mail notifying them about the number of messages in
the queue.

-myk