[Project_owners] Replacement for mozdev.org templates

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 07:44:49 PDT 2008

Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> On Sunday 29 June 2008 13:57:50 Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla
> wrote:
>> I have setup a local Apache2/PHP5 server because I want to work/test my
>> changes for the website locally, but I don't have the mozdev.org
>> templates and thus I need a quick and easy way to get: head.txt,
>> html_body.html, project_nav.html and footer.html included in all pages,
>> but without having to change all HTML files first.
>>
>> The question is: Is this possible?  What do I need for this?
>
> There are several projects that control how projects' pages are displayed and
> how they get rendered.
>
> The first is the Hovercraft project; it contains the actual templating engine;
> you can view it here:
> http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/hovercraft/sandbox/php/

Ah, the mysterious Hovercraft project. I tried to setup this beast last
year already, but I failed. Also, there seems to be a lot of old files.
  Time for a cleanup?

> The base templates that are used throughout are in the look project; you can
> find them here:
> http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/look/www/org/helm/common/templates/

Now these look simple. Should be easy to implement. Thanks for the pointer.

> When requests come in, they all get rewritten to the
> hovercraft/sandbox/php/index.php page.  It takes in two main GET strings -
> project and page.  A sample rewritten request looks like this:
> /index.php?project=www&page=/index.html

Oh dear. Apache's dreadful mod_rewrite I just got to master this one day
soon.

> We don't currently have the rewrite rules available in CVS yet; that's
> something we're still working on.

That would most certainly be a big help to me.

> I'm not sure if that's enough information to get things working, but try
> checking those two projects out and see if that helps at all.
>
> -Doug

I have all files now, but I am stuck once again not knowing how to
include: /usr/local/sandbox/php/include/globals.h (local.conf?).