[Project_owners] Replacement for mozdev.org templates

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Mon Jun 30 05:01:51 PDT 2008

On Sunday 29 June 2008 13:57:50 Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla
wrote:
> I have setup a local Apache2/PHP5 server because I want to work/test my
> changes for the website locally, but I don't have the mozdev.org
> templates and thus I need a quick and easy way to get: head.txt,
> html_body.html, project_nav.html and footer.html included in all pages,
> but without having to change all HTML files first.
>
> The question is: Is this possible?  What do I need for this?

There are several projects that control how projects' pages are displayed and
how they get rendered.

The first is the Hovercraft project; it contains the actual templating engine;
you can view it here:
http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/hovercraft/sandbox/php/

The base templates that are used throughout are in the look project; you can
find them here:
http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/look/www/org/helm/common/templates/

When requests come in, they all get rewritten to the
hovercraft/sandbox/php/index.php page.  It takes in two main GET strings -
project and page.  A sample rewritten request looks like this:
/index.php?project=www&page=/index.html

We don't currently have the rewrite rules available in CVS yet; that's
something we're still working on.

I'm not sure if that's enough information to get things working, but try
checking those two projects out and see if that helps at all.

-Doug