[Project_owners] acceltext

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 00:38:25 PDT 2008

Philip Chee wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:23:08 +0200, Onno Ekker wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get a menuitem's acceltext, but this only works if the
>> menu has been initialized. Maybe I could trick Thunderbird to show and
>> hide the menu using Neil's recent tips to show a menu, but this will
>> probably cause the screen to flash.
>>
>> Is there a better way to initialize the menus or to calculate the
>> acceltext from the key and modifiers?
>>

> Hmm. menuitems in general or some particular menuitems? If the latter
> you might like to look at the source to see how they are initialized.
> There might be a few clues there.

I meant to ask for menuitems somewhere in the main-menubar. I did look
in the chrome, but couldn't find how acceltext is initialized there.
Only references I see, are some xbl:inherits="value=acceltext" in
chrome://global/content/bindings/menu.xml and the some code in popup.xml
that seems to calculate the maximum width of the acceltexts of a menu.

I suppose I have to really look into the source. Any pointers for that?
Should I just download a tarball and start digging, or is there a good
website (lxr, mxr, bonsai?) where you can easily search the source in a
more structured way?

Onno