[Project_owners] Nature of this list (Was: Re: Drupal forum)

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 10:42:46 PDT 2008

David Boswell wrote:
>> I'm sorry if I'm being grumpy, but is this list really meant for tech
>> support issues?
>>

> I think Onno's email was relevant for the project owners list since
> there might be other owners here who want similar functionality for
> their forums.
I think *that* mail was relevant to this list too, but my /other/ mail
from today most probably wasn't. I asked about a DB error on my
project's bugs page and should have asked that to support. The reason I
asked here, was that ever since I joined project_owners, I did see such
questions here. Not a very good reason, but it is easy to do: if you ask
all your questions in one place, you don;t have to think about what
place would be the best.

Like I said before, I think the question about the nature of this list
is good, since it can help us all to better decide where to ask what.
Maybe it would make this list more to the point than it is now. But than
again: if people decide to still post here, you can't do too much about
it. Ignore it? Try to correct them? Unsubscribe them from the mailing
list? Moderate the list? All not very satisfying...

Maybe it would be a good idea to change the default reply-to address to
the author (from-address), instead of the sender (list), just like it is
for dev-extensions at lists.mozilla.org? It could shorten off-topic
discussions, that aren't relevant to the list and make it easier to
reply to try to correct someones behavior, but maybe would also cause
some replies which are, to not make it to the list...

Onno