[Project_owners] Bookmarks in FF3

joe ertaba belaviyo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 01:15:40 PDT 2008

Hi again

thanks for your attention

I can find out that FF3 use PlacesUtils.livemarks to get uri:
browser.js:

onPopupShowing: function BM_onPopupShowing(event) {
    var target = event.originalTarget;
    var itemId = target._resultNode.itemId;
    var siteURI = PlacesUtils.livemarks.getSiteURI(itemId);
     siteURIString = siteURI.spec;
}

so I try this one:

PlacesUtils.livemarks.getSiteURI(document.popupNode.itemId);
Problem : popupNode.itemId is undefined but all other are works as well

PlacesUtils.livemarks.getSiteURI(this.itemId);
Problem: undefined!

PlacesUtils.livemarks.getSiteURI(this._itemId);
Problem: same as previews

or

var target = event.originalTarget;
var itemId = target._resultNode.itemId;
PlacesUtils.livemarks.getSiteURI(itemId);
Problem; target.originalTarget lives but does not have itemId

any idea :)