[Project_owners] Long time developer, first time mozdev'r

Ryan Nauman nunyez at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 15:59:53 PDT 2008

Hello all.  I would like to thank all of the contributors to the wiki, it's
helped a lot so far. I have a question.  I am at
https://www.mozdev.org/profile/file_management.html

According to the wiki, "...new extension ... include the link to Mozdev's
... update.rdf file in advance, use the link in the screenshot above ... to
upload your install.rdf and get the URL back."

I have uploaded all of my previous extension versions (xpi's), and verified
the latest with an md5 hash.  When I click the "Generate update.rdf URL from
install.rdf" link I get a popup window with two buttons, seen here --
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1940/snapmb7.jpg , and clicking upload
doesn't do anything.  I haven't uploaded any of my source files yet and my
xpi still has an updateURL of my old hosting solution as well as my mccoy
generated key.  Do I need to strip these older items first, or am I missing
a step?  And since mozdev has https support, I can quit using mccoy
correct?  I did dig up a msg from the mailing list of july 07 that said the
mozdev mirrors did not support https and there were no plans to at that
time.  I don't know if this information has changed since then.

For reference, my project is pisexier and I can view my xpi that I uploaded
and verified successfully at
https://www.mozdev.org/projects/overview/pisexier/ but the install.rdf isn't
entirely accurate as its an old version.

Help appreciated,
Ryan