[Project_owners] XUL override

Karsten Düsterloh mnenhy at tprac.de
Tue Jun 3 12:24:42 PDT 2008

Onno Ekker aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
> Is there an easy way to merge these two menu's from XUL, when the other
> one doesn't have an id?
> And if it can't be done, how and where can I do this from javascript?

Well, you can do it the evil way:
- In your XUL file, specify a <script> section inside the <overlay>
which puts ids on those elements you want to override.
- Put your overlay XUL markup *after* the above <script> section, using
the newly added ids.

> Or always add a separator and hide it when there are no other menuitems?

Yes.

Karsten
--
Feel free to correct my English. :)