[Project_owners] Projects overview page

massey massey at stlouis-shopper.com
Wed Jul 30 05:22:44 PDT 2008

Douglas E. Warner wrote:

>On Tuesday 29 July 2008 13:54:37 massey wrote:
>

>>Hi, I dont follow all discussions here so forgive me if this has already
>>been covered:
>>I notice that on the https://www.mozdev.org/projects/overview/kiosk/
>>page goes to something other than the kiosk pages(not one I knew existed
>>anyway) and this page gives the impression that no files have been
>>released and no downloads available. I guess it would be just fine if
>>the download link showed(or went to) the downloads - I assume this is an
>>error? How might I edit this page or just have it point to the kiosk
>>project here?
>>

>To release files you'll need to use the file management tool [1]
>(documentation [2]).
>
>We don't want to link to the list of download files since this is likely to
>overwhelm users.
>
>-Doug
>
>[1] https://www.mozdev.org/profile/file_management.html
>[2] http://www.mozdev.org/drupal/wiki/MozdevDownloadReleases

I'm sorry but there seems to be no way to 'release' my browser(
http://downloads.mozdev.org/kiosk/kiosk-2.0.0.5pre.en-US.linux-i686.tar.gz )
via the file management interface so it shows up on the
https://www.mozdev.org/projects/overview/kiosk/ page. That interface
seems to only be usefull for addons/extensions(xpi's and zip's). Maybe
I'm missing something? Is there a way for me to edit that page(
https://www.mozdev.org/projects/overview/kiosk/ ) so that users dont
think there are no items for download for my project?

I also notice that this seems to affect many projects that have not yet
used the file managment interface. Maybe it can be made so that if no
'release' has been made then a link on the 'active' or 'inactive' will
just take the user to the projects home page instead of telling
(potential) users that nothing has been released for a given project?

Thanks

Jim