[Project_owners] extraneous files in cvs source dir

alta88[nntp] alta88 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 20:04:46 PDT 2008

---On 2008.Jul.27 01:37 AM, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> On Saturday 26 July 2008 11:44:55 alta88[nntp] wrote:
>
>> in setting up my extension source on mozdev, and hacking around in eclipse,
>> i left a bunch of files on mozdev that i can't seem to get rid of.�
>> synchronizing and committing again doesn't get rid of files removed from my
>> local project.� does attic leave them there forever or do 'attic' files
>> eventually get removed?� can i get rid of stuff on mozdev another way?
>>

> The attic files stay forever in the repository; they won't show up in your
> working copy, though.  This is just how CVS handles deleted files.
>
> Mozdev does offer Mercurial now if you're interested in that; it has much
> better support for deleting directories and files as well as moving files
> around and renaming.
>
> If you would like some surgery to be done to your CVS tree or are interested
> in Mercurial feel free to file a bug from the feedback page [1].
>
> -Doug
>
> [1] http://www.mozdev.org/feedback.html

yes i would like to go to mercurial (seems the thing to do lately), but
need to understand it with eclipse (a cursory look at the plugin for
mercurial doesn't make me very warm and fuzzy).  also, unless the entire
project (download and www) goes there as als0, it seems to make less
sense to rush in..

but with fx and now tb/sm in mercurial, it has to be figured out tools
wise, otherwise the joy of submitting patches and being stuck in review
purgatory/hades/non-nirvana will be reduced.