[Project_owners] send data to a web page and process it without loading to browser.

Silver Surfer silver.surfer444 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 02:14:43 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Shivanand Sharma / Varun <varun21 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> use hidden iframe?
>
>   On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Silver Surfer <
> silver.surfer444 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>   Hi Friends,
>> I'm developing an new extension and I need to send some data(user
>> input) to a web page and do some processing in there without loading that
>> web page to the browser. ( The functionality I need is similar to the
>> functionality of delicious firefox extension. ) But I still don't have an
>> idea to call to script in a web browser without loading it to the browser. I
>> would be very please if anyone of you can help me for this problems.
>>
>> thanks & regards,
>> SS
>>
>> --
>> ~Silver Surfer~
>> Surfing through time & space
>> http://risingofsilversurfer.blogspot.com/

> --
> Cheers!
> Shivanand Sharma
> Editor: http://binaryturf.com
> Technology, Design, Monetization

thanks Shivanand,
it's a good idea. But I have another idea, If we can use AJAX in developing
firefox extensions, then I think I can do what I want.

Can we use AJAX for developing extensions ( Most probably I think we can,
but need to confirm that idea).
If so I think I can call to a PHP page with relevant user data and do the
processing of that data.
Am I correct friends?