[Project_owners] AMO : Improving the Review/Editorial Process

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 03:52:59 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Brian King <brian at mozdev.org> wrote:

> There has been a lot of talk about this in recent threads, so I have a
> proposal.
>
> The upcoming Firefox Summit has a few AMO talks on the schedule:
>
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Summit2008/Sessions/Schedule
>
> One of them is titled just AMO: Editorial Process, which I believe will be
> a banging of heads to come up with ways to improve things. This is one of
> the high priorities at AMO.
>
> So what I would like you to do is reply to this post with your ideas on how
> to improve the process. I will then compile a list and present it at the
> summit. I might also blog about it. Even if some of the ideas are followed
> through on, that would be a step in the right direction.
>
> Put your ideas into 3 separate categories:
>
> 1) General : What the pain points are for you, and a proposal on how to
> fix/improve. Let's focus on the review process, but site bugs can be
> included.
> 2) Feature Requests : Things you would like to see (or removed) on the
> site.
> 3) Mozdev ties : Ideas on how Mozdev could integrate with AMO.
>
> Guidelines:
>
> - Be constructive!
> - Keep each entry short. One liners where possible.
> - Cite bugs if they exist.
> - Do not follow-up on any ideas proposed, especially to knock it down. The
> exception might be to clarify a broken link or cite a bug. You can open a
> new thread if you like to start a discussion on a particular feature. Let's
> work on the assumption that all ideas are good ideas for now.
>
> Thanks,
> - Brian

1) General:
- AMO (and the rest of mozilla) is too much focused on Firefox. I'm afraid
this won't get any better with Thunderbird going to mozillamessaging.com.
(bugs 308193, 376350, 424933, 431707)

2) Feature Requests:
- Make the pending queue publicly accessible, or show stats about depth,
average time, etc... (bug 427104)
- Add documentation about Trusted extensions. What are they? How does an
extension become trusted?

3) Mozdev ties:
- Not specific for review process, but MDC should link to mozdev page (now
it links to project owners list) (see also bug 418179)

HTH

Onno