[Project_owners] AMO : Improving the Review/Editorial Process

Brian King brian at mozdev.org
Tue Jul 15 09:37:40 PDT 2008

There has been a lot of talk about this in recent threads, so I have a
proposal.

The upcoming Firefox Summit has a few AMO talks on the schedule:

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Summit2008/Sessions/Schedule

One of them is titled just AMO: Editorial Process, which I believe will
be a banging of heads to come up with ways to improve things. This is
one of the high priorities at AMO.

So what I would like you to do is reply to this post with your ideas on
how to improve the process. I will then compile a list and present it at
the summit. I might also blog about it. Even if some of the ideas are
followed through on, that would be a step in the right direction.

Put your ideas into 3 separate categories:

1) General : What the pain points are for you, and a proposal on how to
fix/improve. Let's focus on the review process, but site bugs can be
included.
2) Feature Requests : Things you would like to see (or removed) on the site.
3) Mozdev ties : Ideas on how Mozdev could integrate with AMO.

Guidelines:

- Be constructive!
- Keep each entry short. One liners where possible.
- Cite bugs if they exist.
- Do not follow-up on any ideas proposed, especially to knock it down.
The exception might be to clarify a broken link or cite a bug. You can
open a new thread if you like to start a discussion on a particular
feature. Let's work on the assumption that all ideas are good ideas for now.

Thanks,
- Brian