[Project_owners] AMO : Improving the Review/Editorial Process
brian at mozdev.org
Tue Jul 15 09:37:40 PDT 2008
There has been a lot of talk about this in recent threads, so I have a
The upcoming Firefox Summit has a few AMO talks on the schedule:
One of them is titled just AMO: Editorial Process, which I believe will
be a banging of heads to come up with ways to improve things. This is
one of the high priorities at AMO.
So what I would like you to do is reply to this post with your ideas on
how to improve the process. I will then compile a list and present it at
the summit. I might also blog about it. Even if some of the ideas are
followed through on, that would be a step in the right direction.
Put your ideas into 3 separate categories:
1) General : What the pain points are for you, and a proposal on how to
fix/improve. Let's focus on the review process, but site bugs can be
2) Feature Requests : Things you would like to see (or removed) on the site.
3) Mozdev ties : Ideas on how Mozdev could integrate with AMO.
- Be constructive!
- Keep each entry short. One liners where possible.
- Cite bugs if they exist.
- Do not follow-up on any ideas proposed, especially to knock it down.
The exception might be to clarify a broken link or cite a bug. You can
open a new thread if you like to start a discussion on a particular
feature. Let's work on the assumption that all ideas are good ideas for now.
More information about the Project_owners