[Project_owners] AMO vs. mozdev was: Awaiting extension upgrade approval

Eric H. Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 08:59:26 PDT 2008

From: Onno Ekker <o.e.ekker at gmail.com>

>A better bet might be to become a trusted add-on. I don't think the concept of trusted add-ons is any safe, but since amo uses it, it is probably your best bet to prevent future
>update problems. Unfortunately there isn't too much info about trusted add-ons either, but I can imagine becoming trusted involves a lot of hanging around and begging on irc ;-)

One of my add-ons is trusted. I neither begged nor even asked for it to be trusted. Indeed, I didn't even know what a "trusted addon" was. One day, I went to upload a new version of this addon to AMO and was presented with the option to publish the new version to the sandbox or to the public. It'd become trusted. I still don't really know how it happened :)