[Project_owners] AMO vs. mozdev was: Awaiting extension upgrade approval

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 21:38:47 PDT 2008

Shivanand Sharma / Varun wrote:
> If this is just about removing the browser warning about a site trying to
> install addons, it is technically possible. I also believe mozdev may be
> considered an exception by AMO considering there's no addon (I don't know of
> one) which falters on AMO's extension policy (see
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Update:Editors/ReviewingGuide#Reviewing_Add-ons)
>
> Regards
> Shivanand Sharma

<quote>
Add-ons dealing with the following content should always be sandbox'ed
and never sent public:

     * Add-ons which find or display porn, adult and sexually explicit
material
     * Add-ons dealing with prostitution (and escort services)
</quote>

ROFL  I was JUST about to write a crap load of MoPorn add-ons (sorry I
couldn't resist).