[Project_owners] Awaiting extension upgrade approval

John Woods johnrw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 07:53:49 PDT 2008

Steve,

Something I gleaned from irc://moznet/addons might interest you.
http://people.mozilla.com/~polvi/threedom/3.0-in-queue.csv

I have no idea how accurate that is. Someone plopped it in on the channel.

But, 6846 does not seem to be listed.

I swear there should be a timeout function on amo... where if an extension's
new version is not reviewed in a certain time... it goes public. 2 months
is not acceptable. 2 weeks even.

Totally new extensions, without any prior author history... is about the only
legitimate "security" concern... but even a new extension by an author who does
have a reputation of sorts... is not a case where his/her extension's
"compatibility"
release needs to have the source code scanned for Blue Meanies.

These guys are losing it.

John Woods
skype: john.r.woods