[Project_owners] Awaiting extension upgrade approval

John Woods johnrw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 16:10:43 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Michael Vincent van Rantwijk,
MultiZilla <mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> John Woods wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 1:51 PM,  <danvb30-firefox at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have updated my Firefox extension to be compatible with FF 3.0, and
>>> submitted it for review (I think).  It's been a week and haven't heard
>>> anything.
>>>
>>> Just wondering:
>>> (a) how long reviews are taking these days, I'm assuming reviewers are
>>> swamped with 3.0 compatibility issues
>>> (b) if I failed to perform a step to get it in the review queue properly.
>>> (submitted it via the "Upload New Version" tool online at AMO Developer
>>> Tools)
>>>
>>> Is there any way to find out where (of IF) I am in the review queue?
>>>
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1288
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> -Dan

>> There is no fifo queue as one might think. Mine has been
>>  there 2 weeks already and still no joy. As I understand it,
>> 'Editors' can pretty much choose any extension they want.
>
> I guess that you are out of luck, at least if no one cares about your
> add-on.
>
>> World Record downloads in a day, and none of those
>> downloads can use my extension. It's disjointed.
>> But those who control the ui of the browser, seem
>> to keep saying to make something 'an extension.'
>
> I wonder why people keep coming up with issues about MoSomthing because you
> don't need it. Really!

You kinda lost me here... what is not needed? Amo?

> <snip />
>
>> Wasn't mozilla going to hire some full time reviewers?
>
> That was the story some time ago yes, but maybe it wasn't true or they
> rather wait for some fresh new interns to arrive ;)
>
> Michael

Well here are the last 3 comments on the extension... at amo's site.

#

    This is by far the best add-on I use. My FF3 is hurting without this.

by Peter Ceballo on July 7, 2008
#

    Googlebar is a must have for me so unless there is a compatible
version of Firefox then the latter does not get upgraded.

by Martin Platt on July 6, 2008
#

    Big Fan!

    Too many days without it. I registered only to let you John that
I'm really grateful for your work. I love it and thank you for
updating it. :)