[Project_owners] Awaiting extension upgrade approval

John Woods johnrw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:55:42 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 1:51 PM,  <danvb30-firefox at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have updated my Firefox extension to be compatible with FF 3.0, and
> submitted it for review (I think).  It's been a week and haven't heard
> anything.
>
> Just wondering:
> (a) how long reviews are taking these days, I'm assuming reviewers are
> swamped with 3.0 compatibility issues
> (b) if I failed to perform a step to get it in the review queue properly.
> (submitted it via the "Upload New Version" tool online at AMO Developer
> Tools)
>
> Is there any way to find out where (of IF) I am in the review queue?

> Thanks!
> -Dan

There is no fifo queue as one might think. Mine has been
 there 2 weeks already and still no joy. As I understand it,
'Editors' can pretty much choose any extension they want.

World Record downloads in a day, and none of those
downloads can use my extension. It's disjointed.
But those who control the ui of the browser, seem
to keep saying to make something 'an extension.'

Take the Open New Tab Button on tab bar extension.

It wasn't available. I got on irc... and was pretty
angry, about having to use a browser with a ui I hate...
so someone there named mzz rolled one up.
Took us all night. For any of you folks who 'liked' the old
way... that is available here...
http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7731
It works with FF3.

Wasn't mozilla going to hire some full time
reviewers?

regards,
john