[Project_owners] mozdev.org DNS nameserver problems

Eric H. Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 14:01:25 PST 2008

--- Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <buanzo at buanzo.com.ar> wrote:

> Eric H. Jung wrote:
> | I've phoned our sysadmins to make them aware of the problem.
>
> As of 21.47 GMT, mozdev.org's nameservers are ns2.zoneedit.com and ns3.zoneedit.com and they
> resolv OK.
>
> Attempting to enter a project page at http://enigform.mozdev.org succeeds.

Buanzo,

Thanks for the information. We've switched to zoneedit.com temporarily until we can find a new
(stable) home for primary DNS. This is not the first problem we've experienced with The Web Stop,
so I wouldn't be surprised if our sysadmins decide to move any remaining services hosted with them
elsewhere.

Also, thank you for the DNS hosting offer. Perhaps the sysadmins will take you up on it.
Regardless, though, we should have multiple geographically-dispersed DNS servers moving forward.

Tuesday is the weekly mozdev sysadmin meeting, and I imagine most of these decisions will be
handled then. Feel free to join from 10am-11am GMT-5 (EST) on irc.mozilla.org#mozdev.

Eric