[Project_owners] about creating sidebar tour

Jesper Staun Hansen jesper at selvet.dk
Thu Jan 3 07:38:17 PST 2008

Neil wrote:
> Jesper Staun Hansen wrote:
>

>> Tried that, disabled all extensions except the emptysidebar extension
>> and tried shift+E. Didn't work with either shift keys.
>> Errrr... I just tried some keys, and i enabled caps lock and then
>> tried shift+E and now it works.
>> Disabling caps lock and trying shift+E will give no results for me.
>> Wonder how this keyboard is wired up....
>>
>> Hint?
>>

> I seem to remember a bug that caps lock and shifted keys didn't work
> reliably; results varied depending on your OS. Does the Shift+J key to

That doesn't work with Shift+J. Have to activate caps lock as well.
Was just looking around my gnome keyboard setup.
Keyboard model: Generic 105-key (Intl) PC
CapsLock key behavior: Default

Tho I have the following choices for CapsLock key behavior:
* Default (Have to use capslock)
* CapsLock uses internal capitalization. Shift "pauses" CapsLock. (Have
to use capslock)
* CapsLock uses internal capitalization. Shift doesn't affect CapsLock.
(Capslock or no capslock.. false results)
* CapsLock acs as Shift with locking. Shift "pauses" CapsLock. (Have to
use capslock)
* CapsLock acs as Shift with locking. Shift doesn't affect CapsLock.
(Capslock or no capslock.. false results)
* CapsLock just locks the shift modifier. (Have to use capslock)
* CapsLock toggles normal capitalization of alphabetic characters. (Have
to use capslock)
* CapsLock toggles Shift so all keys are affected. (CapsLock no longer
assigned.. false results)

Distro: Ubuntu 7.10
Affected: Thunderbird and Firefox.