[Project_owners] crashing firefox

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 19:41:06 PST 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:05:58 -0800 (PST), Eric H. Jung wrote:

> Something in one of my extensions causes Firefox 2.x and 3.x to crash
> when the user changes active tabs using Cntl-Shift-Tab (but not
> Cntl-Tab). Unfortunately, neither Talkback nor Breakpad are
> triggered.

> I'm having a really hard time determining the problematic code.
> Anyone have ideas on how to pursue this?

1. Run your extension in a debug build.
2. Run firefox under dbg or a debugger of your choice.
3. Attach dTrace or sTrace to the running instance of Firefox.

Or all three. In any case without a stack trace we are all in the dark.

Phil

[ ]Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional!!
* TagZilla 0.066.6