[Project_owners] Should mozdev.org generate an updates.rdf file for our projects?

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Mon Feb 25 07:04:36 PST 2008

On Monday 25 February 2008 09:52:54 Godmar Back wrote:
> It would be very helpful if you were to share the backend for secure
> installations, or at least the part you have ready (that's assuming
> that mozdev.org code is being released under open source.)
>
> This way, we don't have to reimplement it on such short notice.

Mozdev's code is stored in the Hovercraft [1] project.  You can access it's
code here:
http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/hovercraft/sandbox/php

The backend for secure installations mostly consists of checking download
files as they're committed to CVS and providing a UI for project owners to
verify those hashes.

There will then be a frontend that allows users to install verified,
publically released files using InstallTrigger() [2] through a secure site.

I'm not sure how much of this system would be reusable for other sites.  This
will be available for all Mozdev projects to use once it's released.

-Doug