[Project_owners] Should mozdev.org generate an updates.rdf file for our projects?

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 06:52:54 PST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Douglas E. Warner
<silfreed at silfreed.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 23 February 2008 12:52:18 alta88 wrote:
>  > can you update us on where this stands?
>  >
>  > i have no great interest in moving to AMO but would really
>  > rather avoid the whole mccoy process.  however, it is
>  > necessary to provide updates to users and that trumps
>  > everything since you get updates for free on AMO.
>  >
>  > so, if we could just check in a new version and have mozdev
>  > take care of the rest..
>
>  This still isn't on the roadmap as no one has really come forward to say it
>  would be very helpful for them yet.
>
>  I have most of the backend for secure installations ready and should be
>  working on a frontend for that this week.  Adding update.rdf generation to
>  that shouldn't be that much more work.

It would be very helpful if you were to share the backend for secure
installations, or at least the part you have ready (that's assuming
that mozdev.org code is being released under open source.)

This way, we don't have to reimplement it on such short notice.

 - Godmar