[Project_owners] Open webpage after install update

xeen aka.xeen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 02:34:35 PST 2008

As far as I know, there aren't any. You can create a variable though,
that contains the currently installed version. Upon initializing your
extension, you can check if this number equals the currently installed
version (hardcoded).
If yes, continue with normal initializing.
If no, update the pref to the newly installed version and open the webpage.

You should use this sparingly though, because users don't want to have
pages opened at seemingly random occasions – Firefox updates
everything automatically, so opening this every update might not be
that good idea.
Adblock Plus does this once after the installation if you need to get
ideas. If you need more help on the actual implementation I can dig up
some snippets.

Greetings
xeen