[Project_owners] window.focus() failing on Linux

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 22:14:24 PDT 2008

Philip Chee wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 23:28:42 +0200, Michael Vincent van Rantwijk,
> MultiZilla wrote:
>
>> Philip Chee wrote:
>>> SeaMonkey Version? Firefox Version? IceApe/IceWeasel of official
>>> mozilla.org releases?
>
>> The latest and official releases, of both browsers.
>
>> Note that I went back to SeaMonkey v1.1.9 for testing, but so far
>> nothing except running Windows works (XP/SP3 in VirtualBox).
>
> In that case you are comparing a Gecko 1.8.1 browser (SeaMonkey 1.1.11)
> with a Gecko 1.9 browser (Firefox 3.0).
>
> Do you have the same problem with the latest Firefox 2.0.0.16? (eq SM
> 1.1.11)

SeaMonkey 1.1.9 and 1.1.11 are basically the same (I have both install,
on two Ubuntu computers) except for the security patches.  As for
Mozilla Firefox; I don't want to install any older version on Ubuntu
anymore (can end in a nightmare).

> Is this problem fixed in the current SeaMonkey 2.0a nightlies? (eq
> Shiretoko)

I haven't tried; because I don't have v2a installed on my Ubuntu
systems. However, this might be a good time to give it another go.

Thanks,
Michael