[Project_owners] Find time duration of Firefox-inactivity

Amin Eft... amin.eft at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 09:58:44 PDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 20:21, Jesper Staun Hansen
<jesper at heroes-addon.dk>wrote:

> A suggestion:
> Have you implemented an option to "Shutdown/standby/whatever when download
> finishes"?
>
> Eric H. Jung wrote:
>
>> You could addEventListeners for mouseMove and keypress events, resetting a
>> timer in the event handler for those events. Perform the shutdown/hibernate
>> in the timer callback. If the timer ever expires, the shutdown/hibernate
>> will occur.

Good idea but I should implement it in XPCOM, is there any why to listen for
mouse and keyboard globally (from XPCOM) ?!

> However, why bother with this at all? Every modern OS already has exactly
>> this feature built-in.

Auto shutdown can do more than shutdown,hibernate,.. so maybe someone want
to run some js code, close Firefox only ,..  when time out!

Thanks for your suggestion
InBasic