[Project_owners] Transfering project ownership for unreachable project owners

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:44:34 PDT 2008

Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> We're trying to update our project adoption policy [1] to take into
> consideration when we can't reach the current project owner.

I am subscribed to a mailing list which sends out a periodic "probe"
mail to check if the subscribed addresses are still valid.

This won't help you if the e-mail address gets invalid and you have no
other way to contact the project owner, but it might help to detect
problem addresses.

Maybe you could also add the option to specify alternate e-mail
addresses besides the primary address, just like LinkedIn does, for example.

This won't help you with current inacive processes either, but might
help you in the future to get back in touch with project owners that
loose their e-mail address.

Onno