[Project_owners] Google requires same proprietary license as SourceForge for hosting

S.M. Claassen stalemat at inter.nl.net
Sat Apr 26 11:33:07 PDT 2008

Hi, Eric and project owners,

Pursuant to my last exchange with Eric Jung regarding retention of
ownership/copyright of content on SourceForge, I consulted Google's
website for its terms of service.  It turns out that Google similarly
requires "a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and
non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish,
publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you
submit, post or display on or through, the Services".

This being the case, I propose amending the item "Project Owner Retains
Copyrights" on http://www.mozdev.org/drupal/wiki/WhyMozdev to read instead
"Content License Required for Services".  Barring any objections or
further suggestions from project_owners, I will appropriately edit the
current wiki entry.

Thanks for your attention.

				Cordially yours,

				Silvester Claassen