[Project_owners] GUI design - screenshots included - your opinion?

Eric H. Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 08:05:49 PDT 2008

Hi,

My main options dialog consists primarily of 5 tabs. Two of the tabs are getting larger and more complex, so I want to move them into their own dialog boxes. If I leave them as tabs, they will make the options dialog too large. Here are the existing tabs (note this is BEFORE I've added more content to them, so they actually look OK in these two screenshots)

http://foxyproxy.mozdev.org/images/screenshots/current/quickadd.png
http://foxyproxy.mozdev.org/images/screenshots/current/autoadd.png

Here's a mockup of the options dialog after they've those 2 tabs have been moved into dialogs:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2694/captureea2.png
(Notice they are now simply buttons)

This looks really weird to me, and I'm wondering if anyone has ideas how else I might do this.

Thank you,
Eric